Every year, Mun Meng Fruits collects over 2,000 tonnes of durians from its own plantation and a network of local plantations. These durians are mainly Musang King, D24 and Ochee.
“Promote Local Durian”Besides supplying fresh durians to local consumers and neighbouring countries, Mun Meng Fruits has its own processing plant to produce and export durian products, such as pulp, paste and frozen whole durian to countries including China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. Annually, it exports up to 1,500 tonnes.
Mun Meng Fruits is founded by Leong, who was born and raised in Raub. Growing up in the land of durian, Leong’s whole life has revolved around durian plantation and acquisition. Initially, he focused his business was mainly focused on supplying Kampung and D24 durians in Malaysia and Singapore.
In 2008, with the rapid rise of Musang King, he seized the opportunity to ride on the tide. Within five years, he successfully promoted Musang King to countries outside Malaysia, including China, Hong Kong and the West.
- Mun Meng Fruits (M) Sdn Bhd is founded
- Employs more than 20 staff
- Focuses on local (Malaysia) market
- Plants and collects mainly Kampung and D24 durians
- Exports D24 durian to Singapore
- Exports D24 durian to Hong Kong
- Besides D24 durian, begins to plant and collect Musang King durian
- Exports to countries, including Singapore and Hong Kong
- Receives Malaysian Good Agricultural Practices (MyGAP) certification
- Completes processing plant and begins operations
- Produces frozen durian, pulp and paste
- Obtains liquid nitrogen chamber freezing technology to produce frozen whole durian (with husk)
- Exports end-products to China, Hong Kong, Singapore and others
- Receives MeSTI certification from Ministry of Health
- Extends export to Western countries
- Receives GMP certification
- Employs more than 100 staff
- Receives certificate of appreciation from Ministry of Agriculture for its active involvement in the Exporting Durian Pulp and Paste to China Programme
- Becomes member of Global G.A.P.